Digital marketing has been one of the trends in career advancement in 2020. People were hooked by how this technical process would greatly help retain jobs, business and operations.
Amidst the pandemic that affected businesses and everyone’s lives, one of the huge factors to have a continuous stream of income is a career online.
Furthermore, various marketing strategies have continuously evolved along with the market trends to match what people want, needs and how they can get it. To properly boost your brand this year, you need to expand your knowledge and enforce advanced SEO strategies. Read a few tips and tricks that you can use for your brand below:
- Avoid Easy or General Keywords. It means that you need to choose keywords specific to a certain topic or a keyword that answers a particular question.
Avoid using “easy or general keywords”. Some examples of this are “how to play basketball”, “time in the USA now”, and “burger near me”. These keywords are so generic that there is barely any need for a comprehensive article on it since one search on Google and you can find the answer. Google features such as Featured Snippet, People ask, Ads and more are great ways to get information as quickly as possible. However, there is a lower chance for your website that tackles more in-depth topics to be seen or even reach your target audience.
- Build your Brand. It’s a cliche but it’s true. You need to build your brand because it is the key to build trust and authority to your website. One way you can do this is by using branded keywords in your website because it is one of the fundamental techniques for long term success in SEO. The main reason that branded keywords work is because it provides and emphasises that your brand/service is valuable in the market.
- Mobile Optimisation. To further improve your brand, you need to make sure that your website is always optimised for mobile compatibility. This is especially important since most people browse things online through their phones and tablets.
According to a statistic done in 2019 by Statistica, “There are currently 3.5 billion smartphone users worldwide. Considering the total number of people using phones globally is at 4.8 billion, that means that nearly 73 percent of them are users of smartphones.”
Do you see how it is very critical to have your website be mobile optimised? While you need to make sure that your brand is optimised for mobile, you also need to ensure you do this correctly since your sales will be affected if incorrectly done. Companies such as QWERTYlabs Inc provide services like website creation, implementing the right SEO approach and producing high-quality content that will bring customers to your website. On that note, when SEO practices are done the right way, you’ll see an improvement within a few months.
- Improve UX (User Experience). Aside from optimising your website to make it mobile-friendly, optimising the whole site is another story. It comes with thoroughly analysing the site to organise the layout, text, images, banners, widgets and more. In fact, according to a study from Adobe, “38% of people will stop engaging if the content and layout is unattractive”. More so, Google also stated the page experience will become a ranking factor in the future. This means that a site audit is important wherein you look for all the possible flaws that visitors might find in your website. Look at the layouts, presentation, find the broken pages and more. List them all and once you’re done, fix them.
- Links matter. Give time to establish a good number of backlinks to your website. Backlink strategy could be done in different ways. The first is organic wherein you post an article for free (guest posting and press release posting for free) on a website and build a link back to your website. You can also pay a website to do your backlinks. Either they will provide content and backlinks for you and all you have to do is pay them or you will create content with a link to your site. You can offer this as a package to the website where the article will be posted in exchange for money.
Having strong backlinks from reputable websites in your niche could greatly help your brand build strong domain authority.
You have probably heard these strategies before because it’s been proven they work but the SEO approach can change over time due to market trends and customer needs. People remember great service so make sure you provide it when they visit your website.